Approach To Care
Dr. Brooks has been providing quality care to his customers for decades and knows the care system and providers very well. He has an interest in cross-cultural medicine and has started a center for cross-cultural care. Dr. Brooks has personal weightlifting experience and advises customers who are interested in lifting.
- Medical School – University of Minnesota
- Internship – University Of Minnesota
- North Memorial Health Hospital
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Best Primary Care Teaching Award from – University of Minnesota Medical School, 2015
- Adjunct Professor – University of Minnesota Medical School, Department of Family Practice
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Medical Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Hennepin County Medical Society
Dr. Brooks was a weightlifting champion for Minnesota. He has worked out with the Minnesota Vikings football players and some of the strongest people in the world. He also ran eight marathons and could do an incline overhead press of 570 pounds at age 50. He provided weightlifting instruction at the YMCA and continues to advise his customers who are interested in lifting.
Dr. Brooks also has special interests in science, literature, traveling, languages and history.