Mary K. Helmin, LICSW, PsyD, LP
Approach To Care
Dr. Mary Helmin believes that healthcare is a science and an art. Her goal is to see and understand customers in the context of his or her life and community, not just the symptoms or crisis that brought them through the door. She focuses on finding the best course of action to help customers on a healthy path toward a bright future.
- Doctor of Psychology & Master of Science- Clinical Psychology – Minnesota School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University Eagan, MN
- Certification in Holistic Therapies – College of St. Catherine Minneapolis, MN
- Master of Science – Dance/Movement Therapy – Hunter College of City University of New York New York, NY
- Bachelor of Arts – Dance with Therapy Emphasis – College of St. Teresa Winona, MN
- Clinical Psychology Therapy Practicum – Park Avenue Center, Minneapolis, MN,
- Neuropsychological Assessment Practicum – Minnesota Veteran’s Home, Minneapolis, MN
- Dance/Movement and verbal therapy intern in acute psychiatric unit, eating disorders, and chemical dependency units – Gracie Square Psychiatric Hospital, New York, NY
- Dance/Movement therapy with developmentally delayed and emotionally disturbed children in an adapted physical education program – Public School 205, Queens, NY
- Dance/Movement therapy with eating disorders and substance abuse population, in both inpatient and outpatient settings – University of Minnesota Hospitals, Minneapolis, MN
- Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
- “Kudos” Colleague Recognition – UMMC Annual Medical Staff Awards 2017 and 2018
Dr. Helmin is an avid cyclist and outdoor enthusiast. She appreciates all forms of art and in the evenings, she can frequently be found at the theatre or singing with her band.