Approach To Care
Dr. Helvig is passionate about working with customers toward a comprehensive understanding of their health concerns and preventive health needs, and together creating a strategy to empower them to take control of their health. She enjoys maximizing continuity of care by seeing customers in both the hospital and outpatient settings, as well as providing prenatal and obstetrical care.
Her areas of clinical interest include hospital medicine, nutrition and wellness, prenatal/obstetrics/women’s health, and participating in the education of the next generation of primary care physicians.
- Undergraduate Degrees in English Writing and German – Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
- Medical School – University of Minnesota, 2006
- Family Medicine Residency – North Memorial Medical Center, 2009
- Adjunct Faculty – U of M Department of Family Medicine and Community Health
- Medical Director – North Memorial Continuity Care (inpatient family medicine service)
Outside of work, Dr. Helvig enjoys life with her husband and two daughters. She likes to run, bike, swim, cook adventurously, and play outside as much as possible.