G. Patrick Lilja, MD, FACEP
Approach To Care
Dr. Lilja is a board-certified emergency physician who has been involved with EMS for over 40 years. He focuses on providing the best care to customers with acute medical problems. Dr. Lilja was the first resident in the Emergency Medicine Program and Hennepin County Medical Center. He is also an oral examiner for the American Board of Emergency Medicine. His current practice relates to helping North Memorial Ambulance and Air Care providers deliver the best emergency care available.
- Medical Degree – University of Minnesota
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- The American Board of Emergency Medicine
- State of Minnesota EMS Medical Director (Past)
- Named Minnesota EMS Medical Director of the Year by Minnesota Ambulance Association (Past)
- Received recognition award from the governor of Minnesota for EMS contributions to the state
- Has been recognized by Minnesota State Patrol, City of Minneapolis, Minneapolis Fire Department, Minneapolis Police Department and the City of New Hope
Dr. Lilja was a member of the 1961 Minnesota football team that won the Rose Bowl on Jan 1, 1962. Although he never played in a game, he practiced a lot. In his free time, Dr. Lilja enjoys boating, fishing and traveling with his wife as well as spending time with their children, grandchildren and friends.
Dr. Lilja enjoys teaching and has delivered talks to a number of national and local medical and EMS conferences and continues to enjoy doing this.