Jon S. Nielsen, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. Nielsen has grown older with his customers and now serves mostly middle aged and older customers. His practice is concentrated on gynecologic services, specializing in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery and urogynecology surgeries.
Midlife menopausal care and hormonal therapies have always been an interest and expertise of Dr. Nielsen’s, and he enjoys helping women with bleeding and urinary leakage issues. The ability to be a customer’s primary doctor and healthcare “quarterback” gives him great satisfaction.
- Medical School – University of Minnesota
- Internship – Hennepin County Medical Center
- University of Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Urogynecology Society (AUGS)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
Dr. Nielsen and his wife enjoy spending time with their two children and five grandchildren. He likes outdoor activities, especially fishing, and has been to Alaska 14 times fishing and speaking at educational medical meetings.