Approach To Care
Funmi Okanla is open and accepting of customers in their journey towards recovery. She creates a therapeutic experience suitable to their personal needs and growth. She is culturally competent and has experience working with diverse populations.
Funmi has over 10 years of experience working with adults and young adults with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI) in a variety of settings as a community case manager, psychotherapist, clinical treatment coordinator in inpatient behavioral health units, and a crisis social worker for the county. Her areas of expertise include depression, relationships, grief and loss, anxiety and stress management.
Funmi speaks Yoruba as a second language.
- Undergraduate School – University of Minnesota
- Undergraduate School – Metropolitan State University
- Masters of Social Work – University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
- Internship- Michigan Prevents Prodromal Progression (First Episode Program)
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker – MN Board of Social Work
- Certificate in Assessing and Placing Clients with Chemical Use Problems
- Training in cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, Motivational interviewing
Funmi enjoys attending Broadway shows and musicals, traveling, reading, and spending time with family.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One