Approach To Care
It is Toni Scherling’s privilege and honor to be present with individuals and families as they deal with serious, chronic and often life-limiting illnesses. Customers and families have shaped how she sees herself as a nurse and the role she plays to meet the needs of her customers.
Toni Scherling has been a nurse for nearly two decades in a variety of fields including labor and delivery, acute medical surgical care, wound and ostomy care, oncology and hematology. Prior to working in the medical field, she worked as a master level counselor, caring for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, and youth with severe disabilities.
- BES in Speech Pathology – St. Cloud State University, 1988-1990, Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- MS in Rehabilitation Counseling – Minnesota State University, Mankato, 1990-1992
- RN/ASN – Anoka Ramsey Community College, 1996-1999
- WOC – Minnesota State University/Metropolitan State, Master Level Certification, 2005
- BSN – Minnesota State University/Metropolitan State, 2006-2009, Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- MSN – Minnesota State University/Metropolitan State, 2009-2014
- CNP License – State of Minnesota
- RN License – State of Minnesota
- WOC Association Certification
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Oncology Nursing Society
- Advanced Practitioner Society for Hematology and Oncology
Toni Scherling is married to a retired army officer. They have three daughters that are very active in hockey and soccer, so she spends lots of family time at various rinks and soccer fields throughout the state. She also has dogs and cats and enjoys reading, cooking with her daughters, spending time with family and hiking.