Charlie Dorn Smith III, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. Smith’s approach to care is centered on the complete customer. The MD after his name invokes a sense of trust and faith in his customers that Dr. Smith takes very seriously. He provides everyone he cares for with the same care, regardless of their station in life. He also expects his staff and everyone else he works with to treat customers with the same care and respect.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology – Wofford College
- Medical Degree – University of South Carolina
- General Surgery Residency – University of South Carolina
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship – Medical College of Georgia – Augusta
- South Carolina Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Vascular Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- American College of Cardiology
- American Board of Surgery
Dr. Smith grew up learning the workings of his family’s farm (that he still works on today) and shadowing his grandfather, who was a country doctor. Following in his grandfather’s footsteps as well as those of his aunt, Dr. Kate Smith, he chose to enter the medical profession.
Dr. Smith is married and has three children. He is an avid reader, a history enthusiast and a great story teller. He is also a fowl hunter. Dr. Smith likes good, South Carolina barbecue and, every once in a while, a slice of pecan pie.