Living Well with Chronic Pain
Chronic Pain Self Management
Wednesday January 22, 2020 - Wednesday February 26, 2020
10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Meets every Wednesday for 6 weeks.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Retail CenterMap
This is a six-week class developed at Stanford University’s Patient Education Research Center and offered around the world. This class is designed for people who have a diagnosis of chronic pain such as arthritis, low back pain, fibromyalgia, diabetic neuropathy and other chronic pain conditions to:
- Find better ways to deal with frustration, fatigue, isolation and poor sleep
- Use medications appropriately
- Improve nutrition
- Understand how to pace activity and rest
- Discover easy exercises for maintaining and improving strength
- Communicate effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Evaluate new treatments
The class is taught by two trained peer leaders and will meet for 6 weekly sessions of 2.5 hours each week. New topics are covered each week and provide opportunities for interaction and group problem solving.
This class is free, but space is limited – register early!