Living Well with Chronic Pain (Virtual)
Chronic Pain Self-Management Class
Tuesday March 21, 2023 - Tuesday April 25, 2023
1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
This is a six-week class developed at Stanford University’s Patient Education Research Center and offered around the world. This class is designed for people who have a diagnosis of chronic pain such as arthritis, low back pain, fibromyalgia, diabetic neuropathy and other chronic pain conditions to:
- Find better ways to deal with frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
- Use medications appropriately
- Improve nutrition
- Understand how to pace activity and rest
- Discover easy exercises for maintaining and improving strength
- Communicate effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Evaluate new treatments
The class is taught by two trained peer leaders and will meet for 6 weekly sessions of 2.5 hours each week. New topics are covered each week and provide opportunities for interaction and group problem solving.