Stepping On Class – Maple Grove
Building Confidence & Reducing Falls
Monday January 14, 2019 - Monday February 25, 2019
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This class meets every Monday for 7 weeks
North Memorial Health Clinic – Maple GroveMap
First Floor Conference Room
Falling is not a normal part of aging. In fact, falls can be prevented. Join North Memorial Health at our Stepping On class and learn tips that can help you continue to live independently in your own home.
Stepping On is a seven-week workshop where you will learn exercises and strategies to help prevent falls for those living independently. The class is designed for people 65 and older who have experienced a fall in the past year or are fearful of falling live at home, and do not have dementia. Stepping On is led by health professionals and is proven to reduce falls in older people.
- Simple and fun balance and strength training
- Ways to keep from falling when out in your community
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to eliminate falls hazards from your home
- How medications can contribute to falls
- The role vision plays in keeping your balance