Stepping On Senior Falls Prevention Class
Building confidence and reducing falls
North Memorial Health Hospital Map
3300 Oakdale Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
Free of charge
Date: Tuesdays, September 19 – October 31, 2023
Time: 10 a.m. – noon
Falling is not a normal part of aging. In fact, falls can be prevented. Join North Memorial Health at our Stepping On class and learn tips that can help you continue to live independently in your own home.
Stepping On is a seven-week workshop where you will learn exercises and strategies to help prevent falls for those living independently. The class is designed for people 65 and older who:
- Have experienced a fall in the past year or are fearful of falling
- Live at home
- Do not have dementia
Stepping On is led by health professionals and is proven to reduce falls in older people. Topics include:
- Simple and fun balance and strength training
- Ways to keep from falling when out in your community
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to eliminate falls hazards from your home
- How medications can contribute to falls
- The role vision plays in keeping your balance
This is a seven-week course held each Tuesdays, starting on September 19 through October 31 from 10 a.m. – noon. Free parking and refreshments will be provided for class participants.
For questions, please contact Sheila Nesbitt by phone at 763-581-3740 or by email at email@example.com.