Infant Feeding Support Services are available for both inpatient and outpatients at North Memorial Health Hospital. Breastfeeding provides the perfect nutrition for your baby, gives mom and baby bonding time, and has many health benefits for both mom and baby. North Memorial Health Hospital nurses and lactation consultants will help you meet your breastfeeding needs and goals.
Feeding support services are offered by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs), with topics including:
- Latching for success
- Breastfeeding when returning to work or school
- What to do if your baby doesn’t want to nurse
- Low milk supply/how to increase milk supply
- Slow weight gain
- Pumping and storing milk
- Preventing and managing sore nipples/pain with nursing
- Medication and breastfeeding questions
- Adoptive nursing
- Breastfeeding after breast reduction
North Memorial Health Hospital
Outpatient lactation services are available five days a week, by appointment. To schedule an appointment, please call (763) 581-8340.
Please contact your insurance plan prior to making your appointment to assure services are covered.