Living Well with Chronic Conditions (Virtual)
Chronic Disease Self Management Class
This is a six-week class developed at Stanford University’s Patient Education Research Center and offered around the world. The class has helped participants with ongoing health conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure, anxiety, osteoporosis, heart disease and other chronic conditions to:
- Find better ways of dealing with pain and fatigue
- Discover easy exercises to help improve or maintain strength and energy
- Learn the appropriate use of medications
- Improve nutrition
- Talk effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Understand new treatment choices
- Feel better about life
The class is taught by two trained peer leaders and will meet for 6 weekly sessions of 2.5 hours each week.
New topics are covered each week and provide opportunities for interaction and group problem solving.
Since this class will be delivered online, we want to make sure everyone is comfortable with the technology. An optional Introduction session will be held on September 28 at 10:00am for information gathering, to meet one another and become comfortable with the technology.