Living Well with Chronic Pain (Virtual)
Chronic Pain Self Management Class
This is a six-week class developed at Stanford University’s Patient Education Research Center and offered around the world. This class is designed for people who have a diagnosis of chronic pain such as arthritis, low back pain, fibromyalgia, diabetic neuropathy and other chronic pain conditions to:
- Find better ways to deal with frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
- Use medications appropriately
- Improve nutrition
- Understand how to pace activity and rest
- Discover easy exercises for maintaining and improving strength
- Communicate effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Evaluate new treatments
The class is taught by two trained peer leaders and will meet for 6 weekly sessions of
2.5 hours each week. New topics are covered each week and provide opportunities for interaction and group problem solving.
Since this class will be delivered online, we want to make sure everyone is comfortable with the technology. An optional Introduction session will be held on March 25 at 1:00pm for information gathering, to meet one another and become comfortable with the technology.