Mayra Oberto-Medina, DO, FACR, CCD
Call to Schedule an Appointment
Approach To Care
Dr. Mayra Oberto-Medina believes that each time she meets a customer, she leaves a little piece of herself with them and gains knowledge and insight from every interaction. Each customer is a learning opportunity, which keeps her growing as a provider. She truly enjoys hearing her customer’s stories; it is very rewarding.
Dr. Oberto-Medina helped create the infusion program at North Memorial Health Clinic and is the lead clinical Rheumatologist. The program was designed for management of complicated disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis that is resistant to conservative treatments like drug modifying agents.
Dr. Oberto-Medina is also trained in:
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound, performing injections for carpal tunnel, trigger finger and multiple joints if conservative treatments including physical or occupational therapy do not work.
- Pediatric rheumatology and is comfortable with children 5 years or older.
She enjoys working with complex cases. Her special areas of interest include Lupus, Scleroderma, Rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, Sjogrens, osteoporosis and more.
- Undergraduate School – Florida International Univeristy, Miami, FL
- Medical School – Des Moines University, Des Moines, IA
- Residency – Norwalk Hospital (affiliated with Yale University), Norwalk, CT
- Rheumatology Fellowship – University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Oberto-Medina’s uncle was her pediatrician when she was a little girl and from a very early age she knew that she also wanted to become a doctor. As a caregiver to her parents, she has learned to navigate the medical system and understand what it is like to be in a customer’s shoes.
Her and her husband enjoy spending their free time outdoors; sailing, snowboarding and skiing. When she goes outside for a run, she is usually accompanied by her two dogs who love the exercise.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One