We protect health and medical information as required by federal and state privacy laws. If you are a North Memorial Health customer, please see our Notice of Privacy Practices for information about how we use your customer information.
This website is operated from within the United States (U.S.) and is intended for a U.S. audience.
North Memorial Health is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
North Memorial Health may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 23, 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following types of personally identifiable information:
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to your participation in a course, tour or event in the case of online class, event registration or consumer sweepstakes.
By using this website, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as described in this policy.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may disclose information to third-parties who act for us or on our behalf. This information may be used or disclosed in aggregate or de-identified form.
- If you do not exclude yourself as described below in “Controlling your personal information,” we may periodically send promotional email about new services, special events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to help connect you with the most appropriate department, unit or individual based on your request.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may use or disclose information when we, in good faith, believe we must use or disclose information to comply with laws or regulations, including preventing or investigating crimes, as well as protecting the security of our website.
- We may share or transfer your information if all or part of our business is sold, merged, dissolved, acquired, reorganized, or subject to a similar transaction.
- We may share or use your information for any other legally permitted business purpose upon our sole discretion.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Although we use reasonable measures to protect information, we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide through this website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or track when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide when visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. CHILDREN UNDER 13 ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THIS WEBSITE. We ask that children between the age of 13 and 18 obtain the permission of their parent or guardian before viewing our website. If you think that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. We will use reasonable efforts to delete this information. We are not liable for any unauthorized use of this website by minors.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.