Services & Care Options
List of Services
Addressing social determinants of health (SDOH)
Advance care planning
Care transition support
Chronic disease monitoring and education
Community resource connections
Coordinating with home care providers
Home safety and falls prevention
Hospital discharge follow-up
Immunizations and vaccinations
Lab specimen collection
Minor medical procedures
How Community Paramedics Can Help
Community Paramedics (CP’s) can be utilized to enhance and extend customer care options in many ways.
- Hospitals: CP’s works with customers while they’re in the hospital and can assist with their transition of care home. They’re all a resources should a customer be in the Emergency department.
- Primary care clinics: CP’s can do home safety assessments, social needs assessment, resource finding, care coordination, chronic disease management, education, lab draws, vital sign monitoring, advance care planning, chronic care management (CCM) and more.
- Virtual doctor visit facilitation: Virtual doctor visits allow CP’s to connect customers and doctors quickly and efficiently while they deliver care tailored to the customer’s needs, which may include a physical examination, obtaining vital signs and completing medication reconciliation.
- Surgical services: CP’s conduct post-surgical follow-up visits. These may include assessments, vital signs, wound care, IV hydration, pain management, post-operative education, medication reconciliation, lab draws and EPOC point of care testing.
- Mental health: CP’s work with mental health teams to address a customer’s medical issues, administer depot injections of anti-psychotics, and provide additional check-ins and points of support for people dealing with mental health concerns.
- Community: CP’s works with community partners to address social determinants of healthcare: food insecurity, transportation, insurance assistance, housing, mental health, substance abuse and chemical dependency, senior services, children services and employment assistance.
- County Public Health Services: CP’s can provide COVID-19 and other infectious disease/STI testing/screening, immunizations, outreach, education and population health initiatives.
Call 763-581-5190 to learn more.