North Memorial Health primary and specialty clinics and hospice have entered into a joint venture with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Blue Cross), effective January 1, 2020. As non-profit organizations, the customer and the communities we serve are at the heart of everything we do.
Key details about the joint venture:
- This new organization will be led by a CEO (Jennifer Close, previously the President and Chief
Ambulatory Officer at North Memorial Health) and a Board of Directors.
- North Memorial Health and Blue Cross remain independent companies. This is not a merger or acquisition.
- A shared goal is to reduce ambulatory cost of care by 20 percent within five years.
- Blue Cross will create incentives for its members who receive care at North Memorial Health clinics to lighten the cost burden.
- Any insurance accepted today will continue to be accepted by the joint venture.
North Memorial Health and Blue Cross are passionate about two things: our missions and a commitment to reinventing healthcare.