For the past 35 years, North Memorial Health Hospice has been helping patients live life to the fullest until the very end. We support an average of 1,000 patients annually and believe that hospice is about patients living life on their terms.
- We provide in-person initial consults to patients anywhere, anytime at no cost
- Our team includes physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, Master’s-level social workers, spiritual counselors, home health aides, grief counselors, music therapists, animal-assisted therapists, Reiki practitioners and volunteers
- Our care encompasses supporting the patient and their family by managing symptoms, supplying medication and equipment, coordinating community resources, assisting with personal care and light housekeeping and more
- We serve adult patients of all ages, not just the elderly, and our support extends to a patient’s loved ones after death
As a provider, you have an important role in identifying patients who may benefit from hospice care and initiating conversations about care goals.
Indicators of hospice eligibility:
- Life expectancy of less than six months
- Diagnosis of life-limiting illness such as cancer, CHF, COPD, ALS, CVA, Parkinson’s Disease and dementia
- In addition to diagnosis, frequent hospitalizations, weight loss, lethargy, infections, falls, pain, confusion and wounds
For more information about our hospice program:
- Consult with Joseph Sicora, MD, Medical Director of our hospice program, via AMION about hospice appropriateness
- Arrange for patients to receive a free, in-person or phone-based consult with a hospice care transitions coordinator via Epic hospice/care transitions referral order or by calling 763-581-8181
- Request a lunch and learn for your team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org