Approximately one in 100 sexually active adults in the U.S. has genital warts at any given time.
The North Memorial Health Infectious Disease Clinic can help evaluate and treat anogenital warts with cryotherapy, trichloroacetic acid, surgery or laser therapy. We also offer home treatment options like imiquimod, podophyllotoxin and sinecatechins base on presenting symptoms and customer preference.
We offer diagnostic biopsy of lesions that do not appear to be typical of genital warts and we provide counseling on limiting and preventing the transmission of HPV. We will screen for other sexually transmitted infections because customers with genital warts may be at risk for other STIs.
The Infectious Disease Clinic is located in the Trauma and Specialty Care Clinic at North Memorial Health Hospital. Referrals can be sent via Epic or faxed to 763-581-3701.
In addition, we can help with:
- General infectious diseases
- Clostrudium difficile infection (C.dif), and fecal microbiota transplant (FMT)
- Hepatitis C virus (HCV) including treatment of chronic HCV
- HIV services and HIV+ customer care
- Human Papillomavirus genital warts, screening and prevention of anal cancer in high risk customers
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Travel services including post-travel illness care
- Tuberculosis care