Kick Start Your Nursing Career
The Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ (NRP), developed by Vizient® and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, supports new graduate nurses and nurses with limited experience as they successfully transition from novice or advanced beginners to competent professionals.
About the Program
The Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program is an evidence-based program focused on leadership, patient outcomes and the professional role.
The program prepares nursing graduates to:
- Care for patients with increasing levels of acuity and complexity in the acute care setting
- Develop clinical nursing leadership at point of care
- Improve patient safety and quality of care
- Foster decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Bring evidence-based practice to the bedside
- Strengthen the commitment to the profession of nursing and develop individual career goals
- Facilitate clinical and leadership skills necessary to be a successful member of the healthcare team
Admission to the Program
There is no separate application to the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™. Eligible candidates will be enrolled in a cohort based on start date at North Memorial Health Hospital.
- Provides an evidence-based curriculum to support nurses in their first year of practice
- Guided by nursing leaders, educators, clinical nurse specialists, and various content experts throughout the organization
- Content includes classroom with content expert lectures, case studies, group activities, nursing simulations, evidence-based project, and clinical reflection
Requirements and Eligibility
- Hold an associates, bachelor’s, or master’s degree in nursing science from an accredited institution
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Minnesota
- Willingness to sign a one-year commitment post-graduation from Nurse Residency to North Memorial Health Hospital
- Participate in all Nurse Residency learning experiences and program components
- Attend 12 seminars in a one-year program
- Complete an evidence-based practice or quality improvement project
- Complete program surveys and evaluations
Grenellie Walock, MSN-Ed, RN, CCRN-K
Director, Professional Practice, Development and Education
North Memorial Health Careers
Wondering if North Memorial Health is the right fit? Learn more about what it’s like to work here.