Take Your Career North
We’re driven to deliver healthcare differently. You too? Then your career could be waiting here at North Memorial Health. Our teams consistently provide empowering health care and unmatched customer service. Every team member makes their mark, and that’s the way we like it. We believe our customers deserve good health and well-being, and we support inventive approaches to get them there.
Why North Memorial Health?
At North Memorial Health, you’re part of an inclusive health family that is rooted in our values of relationships, inventiveness and accountability. Empathy and care are at the heart of North’s culture which is designed to actively support each team member’s wellbeing and growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we empower customers to achieve their best health.
Get To Know Us
Wondering if we're the right fit? Learn more about what it's like to work here.
Philosophy & Culture
At North Memorial Health we empower customers to choose the care that benefits them the most. We involve customers in decisions about their health, and encourage them to take responsibility for their healthy life choices.
Empowering our customers to achieve their best health.
Together, healthcare the way it ought to be.
Inventiveness, Accountability, Relationships
We believe in solving problems creatively and thinking differently about what is possible.
- We are empowered to think in new ways and contribute to positive change in our organization.
- We anticipate customer needs and find innovative solutions.
- We see challenges and change as opportunities to learn.
- We embrace change.
- We work in an environment where risking failure is acceptable when exploring new and better ways to serve our customers, while continuing to practice evidenced-based care.
We believe every team member is empowered to meet our customers’ needs including helping them make choices about their health.
- We understand our individual roles and take responsibility for meeting the diverse needs of our customers.
- We are empowered to help customers make choices about their care.
- We set high performance expectations and hold ourselves and our team members responsible for the quality of our work and the results we achieve as a system.
- We accept our mistakes, and we learn from them.
- We show up every day ready to do our best because we understand that together we are better than the sum of our parts.
We create engagement with customers and team members through strong communication, partnering and respectful interactions.
- We involve customers in decisions about their health and encourage them to take responsibility for healthy life choices.
- We work with the entire health team to establish shared goals that reflect customer priorities.
- We promote open dialogue and share knowledge with our customers and team members.
- We demonstrate respect for customers and fellow team members.
- We count on and support one another individually and as part of the team.
At North Memorial Health, we strive to be the premiere healthcare employer. We work hard to provide an unmatched experience not only through the hiring process, but also when you are a team member. We have a dedicated human resources team available to help all of our team members.
Hiring Process Overview
Step 1 – Apply
After you have completed an application, our recruiters will review your background to determine if you meet the qualifications. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, we will email you to schedule a phone interview.
Step 2 – Interviews
Step 3 – Reference Checks
Step 4 – Offer / Acceptance
Step 5 – Background Check & Health Screen
We will schedule an in-person interview and if selected, extend an offer of employment. Once you have accepted the offer, a pre-employment health assessment and criminal background check will be completed. We will keep you updated throughout the hiring process via email anytime your application status changes.
Step 6 – Onboarding & Orientation
Because all initial communication is done via email, it is vitally important that you give us a valid email address. We recommend you regularly check your email after applying, including your spam/junk folders, as sometimes our emails get filtered there.
North Memorial Health offers a competitive benefits package that is comprehensive, supporting team members through health, financial, career growth and work/life balance goals.
Depending on the position, your benefits package may include:
- Team member and dependent health insurance plans.
- Team member and dependent dental insurance plans.
- Team member and dependent options for life insurance, up to five times the annual salary.
- Short-term and long-term disability plans.
- Health Savings Account.
- Team member pharmacy.
- Medication Therapy Management Services.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Team member health clinic services.
- Team member fitness centers located at North Memorial Health Hospital in Robbinsdale and Maple Grove Hospital.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plans.
- Retirement savings plans, including up to a 4 percent match for team member 401(k) contributions.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 529 college savings plan.
- Team member credit union.
- Personal financial education and planning services.
- Child adoption assistance.
- Team member discounts.
- Education tuition reimbursement.
- Career development programs.
- Service awards and recognition.
- Education and training opportunities.
- Staff coaching and mentoring programs.
- Community volunteer program.
- Matching gift program.
- Flex time.
- Job sharing.
- Compressed workweek.
- Part-time career opportunities.
NO DISCRIMINATION/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER POLICY:
NMH has been and continues to be committed to equal employment opportunity. NMH does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or any other characteristic protected by law (“protected classes”).
EMT Residency Program
Gain the knowledge and practical experience to make competent decisions regarding medical and trauma customers in emergent situations. We offer an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Residency Program three times per year. This course follows the standards set forth by the Minnesota EMS Regulatory Board and the National Education Standards.
Successful completion of this course and the National Registry exam will certify you as an EMT. Upon successful completion of the class, you are required to work for North Memorial Ambulance (in the region of your choice) for at least one year.
To learn more, contact Jake Horning, Talent Acquisition Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.