BIPOC Mental Health Academic Scholarship
We are committed to best supporting the health of the diverse community we serve and recognize that access to care providers who represent and reflect those individuals is essential to their wellbeing. In support of this need, North Memorial Health Foundation is excited to provide scholarships for students of color enrolled in a mental health graduate program in Minnesota.
The application window has closed for 2023.
About the Scholarship
- Applicants must self-identify as a member of the BIPOC community
- Demonstrate financial need and academic achievement
- Be enrolled in a master’s level or higher professional degree program in the state of Minnesota
Please note: We welcome undocumented, refugee, asylees, and DACA recipients to apply. We do not ask about citizenship status.
One student each year will receive a one-time award of $5,000 to be used for education costs during the upcoming academic year.
The scholarship winner will also have the opportunity for networking and informal mentorship from providers at North Memorial Health’s outpatient Mental Health Clinic.
2023 Scholarship Recipient
We are thrilled to announce the winner of the 2023 scholarship: Saturia Cappard
- Application opens: April 5, 2023
- Application closes: May 10, 2023
- Applicants notified of their status: June 30, 2023
- Answer six short essay questions.
- Submit CV or resume, unofficial transcripts from previous higher education coursework, and two recommendation letters. The recommendation letters should speak on your overall character, personal and professional relationships as well as your ability/commitment to completing the program.
For More Information