North Memorial Health updated its visitor guidelines to protect our team members, customers and the community in response to the current COVID-19 surge.
Maple Grove Hospital and North Memorial Health Hospital
Visiting Hours: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
No overnight stays. Exceptions will be made for the following customers:
- Emergency Department
- Family Birth Center
- Pediatric (under 18)
Any customer who is COVID-19 positive or suspected of having COVID-19: No visitors except for compassionate care on a case-by-case basis.
- Adults (18 and over): One healthy, masked visitor (16 and over) per hospitalization.
- Pediatric (including newborns): Two healthy, masked parents or legal guardians per hospitalization.
One healthy, masked visitor.
Two healthy, masked parents or legal guardians per hospitalization.
Family Birth Center Hospitalizations
One healthy, masked visitor per hospitalization. In addition, one trained, masked doula is permitted for support during labor and delivery.
Maple Grove Hospital ECC and North Memorial Health Hospital ED
Visiting Hours: 24/7
- Adults (18 and over): One healthy, masked visitor (16 and over).
- Pediatric (under 18): Two healthy, masked parents or legal guardians.
- Compassionate Care: Evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
A healthy, masked visitor has had no known exposure to COVID-19 within the past 14 days and must wear a medical grade mask at all times (including customer rooms).
North Memorial Health Clinics
For adult customers: Visitors are limited to one healthy individual (we encourage customers to attend the appointment alone if they do not require assistance).
For pediatric customers (less than 18 years of age): Two legal guardians.
To prepare for your visit, the following safety guidelines are practiced:
- COVID-19 screening upon arrival
- Masks are required
- Social distancing is encouraged
COVID-19 Positive Customers and Customers Suspected of Having COVID-19
No visitors except for compassionate care on a case-by-case basis.
Compassionate Care Hospitalizations
Evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
E2 Mental Health (North Memorial Health Hospital)
No visitors are permitted at this time.
Spiritual Care and Case Managers
Customers may have one clergy, community clergy member or community case manager in addition to other visitors listed.
Definition of a healthy visitor
- A healthy visitor has no positive COVID-19 test and no known exposure to COVID-19 within the past 10 days.
- A non-COVID-19 customer is someone who has not tested positive for COVID-19 or is not currently being observed for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Visitors who have been directly exposed to an individual with COVID-19 are not allowed to visit for 14 days since last exposure.
Latest information on COVID-19
Visit our COVID-19 page for information on vaccines, safety guidelines, entrance instructions, diagnostic testing, and more.