Alan Beal, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. Beal specializes in evaluating complex surgical and trauma-related issues, and then delivering critical information and treatment plans to customers. He addresses his customers’ concerns by explaining the issues and procedures in detail, and by providing them and their families with realistic guidance and expectations.
In order to provide the best quality of care possible, Dr. Beal also believes it is critical to offer a much-needed gentle ear to customers undergoing these difficult medical and surgical problems. As such, he places great emphasis on listening and communication.
- Bachelor of Arts – St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota, 1973
- Medical Degree – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1979
- General Surgical Residency – Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, 1988
- Critical Care Medicine – Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, 1983
- Surgical Critical Care – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1993
- American Board of Surgery, with added qualifications in Surgical Critical Care
Dr. Beal was born and raised in the Twin Cities and is married with two adult children, three step-children and nine grandchildren. He once played minor league baseball for the Cincinnati Reds and is a member of the St. Olaf College Athletic Hall of Fame. In his free time, he enjoys playing golf and has a personal goal of visiting a large number of national parks with his family in the next 10 years.