Brett Carlson, MD, FACC, FASE, FSCCT
Approach To Care
Dr. Carlson is part of the TAVR (transaortic valve replacement) program at North Memorial. He has a special interest in clinical cardiology with an emphasis on structural heart disease – specifically valvular heart disease and diseases of the aorta.
- Medical Doctorate – University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, 2001- 2005
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Medicine – Geisinger Health System, Danville, 2008-2011
- Chief Cardiology Fellow – Geisinger Health System, Danville, 2010-2011
- Internal Medicine – Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, 2005-2008
- Fellow -American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellow – Americans Society of Echocardiography (FASE)
- Fellow – Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Diplomat, Internal Medicine – American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), 2008-2018
- Diplomat, Cardiovascular Medicine – American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), 2011-2021
- Diplomat, Comprehensive Echo – National Board of Echocardiography (NBE), 2011-2021
- Diplomat, Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (CBCCT), 2012-2022
- Diplomat, Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology (CBNC), 2013-2023
In his free time, Dr. Carlson enjoys spending time with his wife and children. He enjoys hiking, kayaking, soccer and traveling. He also speaks Spanish.