Brett Carlson, MD, FACC, FASE, FSCCT
Approach To Care
Dr. Carlson is part of the TAVR (transaortic valve replacement) program at North Memorial. He has a special interest in clinical cardiology with an emphasis on structural heart disease – specifically valvular heart disease and diseases of the aorta.
- Medical Doctorate – University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, 2001- 2005
- Fellowship in Cardiovascular Medicine – Geisinger Health System, Danville, 2008-2011
- Chief Cardiology Fellow – Geisinger Health System, Danville, 2010-2011
- Internal Medicine – Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, 2005-2008
- Fellow -American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellow – Americans Society of Echocardiography (FASE)
- Fellow – Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Diplomat, Internal Medicine – American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), 2008-2018
- Diplomat, Cardiovascular Medicine – American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), 2011-2021
- Diplomat, Comprehensive Echo – National Board of Echocardiography (NBE), 2011-2021
- Diplomat, Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (CBCCT), 2012-2022
- Diplomat, Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology (CBNC), 2013-2023
In his free time, Dr. Carlson enjoys spending time with his wife and children. He enjoys hiking, kayaking, soccer and traveling. He also speaks Spanish.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Don’t see your carrier or have insurance questions? Contact us at 763-581-CARE.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One