Approach To Care
As a board certified surgeon, Dr. Carlson provides all aspects of general surgery care, but she has a special interest in breast diseases. She believes in treating the whole person and creating a plan that is unique to each customer, because everyone’s needs are different. Dr. Carlson takes the time to listen, educate and communicate with her customers’ care teams to assure they are getting the best care possible.
- Bachelor of Science – Augsburg College, Minneapolis
- Doctor of Medicine – University of Minnesota
- General Surgery Residency – Hennepin County Medical Center
- Board Certified in General Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Top Doctor – Minneapolis St Paul Magazine, 2011-2016
- Best Doctors – Minnesota Monthly Magazine, 2011-2016
While her practice keeps her very busy, Dr. Carlson is first and foremost a family person. She is married and has two children. Her family loves sports, theatre, spending time at the lake and traveling the world. Dr. Carlson is also involved in several charitable organizations that benefit customers and their families while undergoing cancer treatments.