Approach To Care
Dr. Johns is a board-certified diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology specializing in treating mental illness, including customers who suffer from depression, anxiety, psychosis, bipolar, post-traumatic stress, attention deficit, obsessive compulsive and eating disorders.
Since many medical conditions have a psychiatric component (chronic pain, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc.), Dr. Johns strives to address his customers’ needs by coordinating with other providers, including primary care and other medical specialties. This may include ordering services such as psychological testing, laboratory work, imaging studies and additional referrals as needed.
Having completed advanced training in integrative medicine through the Center for Mind-Body Medicine in Washington, D.C., Dr. Johns uses evidence-based treatments to help customers identify and achieve their own personal goals for health and wellness.
- Bachelor of Arts in English – Northern Arizona University
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography – Northern Arizona University
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & Media Arts – Temple University
- Medical School – University of Minnesota
- University of Minnesota
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Published several research articles regarding the effectiveness of ketamine in treatment-resistant depression based on studies he performed at the Minneapolis VA Health Care System through the University of Minnesota
Dr. Johns is originally from the southwest and enjoys working with customers from a wide variety of socioeconomic backgrounds. Free time is largely spent with his family enjoying outdoor activities, such as hiking, skiing, biking, wildlife photography and travel.