Amanda Klinger, PsyD, LP, MAC
North Memorial Health - Robbinsdale Medical Building
Approach To Care
Dr. Amanda Klinger’s primary focus is on building a therapeutic relationship within an atmosphere of empathy, acceptance, and nonjudgment, and on helping customers have healthy connections with others in order to improve overall well-being. She emphasizes the connections between mental, physical, and spiritual health, and teaches and encourages use of mindfulness skills in order to foster growth and healing from conditions including depression, anxiety, and PTSD. She is trained in evidence-based interventions including DBT, CBT, and Motivational Interviewing.
Although she works with clients with a wide range of issues, Dr. Klinger specializes in the treatment of co-occurring mental and chemical health problems, and is also passionate about working with individuals whose loved ones are struggling with addiction.
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology – Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Master of Science, Clinical Psychology – Pacific University, Oregon
- Doctor of Psychology, Clinical Psychology – Pacific University, Oregon
- Pre-doctoral internship – Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, Plymouth, MN
- Master Addiction Counselor
Dr. Klinger enjoys outdoor activities and adventures, yoga, music, and spending time with friends and family.