Amy E. Look, PhD, LP
North Memorial Health – Robbinsdale Medical Building
Approach To Care
Dr. Amy Look is a licensed psychologist who believes that building a strong therapeutic relationship in a non-judgmental and accepting environment is key to a successful experience in therapy. In this supportive environment, she empowers customers to better understand patterns in thoughts, feelings, and behaviors so they can make changes that reduce suffering and improve overall well-being.
Dr. Look uses an authentic, down-to-earth, and collaborative approach with adults who experience depression, anxiety, personality disorders, relationship difficulties, identity concerns, stage of life/transition concerns, and interpersonal trauma. She draws from years of training and practice in delivering evidence-based treatments to provide an integrated approach to therapy that includes skills and techniques from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and mindfulness-based practices.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology – Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Master’s Degree in Psychology – New York University, New York, NY
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology – The College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship – Minnesota Center for Psychology, St. Paul, MN
- Predoctoral Internship – Minneapolis VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Minnesota Board of Psychology
As a former East Coast resident who has lived in Washington D.C., New York City, and Philadelphia, Dr. Look enjoys exploring all the culture, restaurants, and lakes that Minnesota has to offer.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Don’t see your carrier or have insurance questions? Contact us at 763-581-CARE.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One