Ajaydas T. Manikkan, MD, MPH
Approach To Care
Dr. Manikkan completed medical school in India where resources were limited. He completed his post graduate training in Internal Medicine at Cook County Hospital in Chicago where resources were more carefully used. As a result, he relies heavily on his clinical acumen, which is very sharp. Since graduating, Dr. Manikkan has worked in different settings, including community hospitals as well as university-based academic institutions, providing him with vast experience.
- Bachelor in Medicine, Bachelor in Surgery (MBBS), L.T. M. Medical College, Mumbai, July 1995 – Jan 2001
- Masters in Public Health (Epidemiology), University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Sept 2002 – May 2004
- Internal Medicine, John H. Stroger Jr., Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, July 2004 – June 2007
- BLS provider
- ACLS provider
- Outstanding teacher, Rush Medical College, 2020 – 2021
- Department of Medicine Osler Award for General Medicine Inpatient Teaching, Firm A, John H. Stroger Jr., Hospital of Cook County, 2018-2019
- Department of Medicine Student Education Attending Award, John H. Stroger Jr., Hospital of Cook County, 2017-2018
- Outstanding teacher, Rush Medical College, 2017-2018
Dr. Manikkan was born and raised in India. He met his wife in Chicago when they both worked at the same hospital. He has one son who is very passionate about learning the Indian culture. During his spare time, he likes to go on walks and bike rides with his family. He enjoys cooking and watching shows and movies.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One