Charles Reinisch Salmen, MD, MPHIL
Approach To Care
Dr. Charles Reinisch Salmen is trained as a family physician and medical anthropologist and is faculty in the Dept of Family Medicine and Community Health at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Salmen has extensive experience working among underserved populations in both the USA, and internationally, where he coordinates a global health research program in rural Western Kenya.
He believes it is his role to provide support for families during those incredibly stressful moments that illness and disease can generate, and to help individuals define their health and recovery goals. Dr. Salmen tries to communicate clearly about treatment plans and options, so families can focus on their relationships and being there for one another.
- Undergraduate School – Duke University
- Rhodes Scholarship in Medical Anthropology – Oxford University
- Medical School – University of California, San Francisco
- North Memorial Health Family Medicine Residency Program – University of Minnesota
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians Excellence in Graduate Medical Education Award
- National Geographic Explorer Award
Dr. Salmen enjoys woodworking in his garage workshop, taking care of a couple hives of honeybees, and exploring the amazing outdoor landscapes of Minnesota and Wisconsin with his wife and kids.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One