Kristen Y. Nelson, PsyD, LP
North Memorial Health – Robbinsdale Medical Building
Approach To Care
One of the most rewarding things we can do in life is to work to better understand ourselves. Our reactions. Our contexts. Our relationship patterns. Our struggles. Our strengths and our potential. This understanding can help us weather life’s unpredictability, losses, and hardships. Dr. Nelson wants to support you in this valuable and meaningful work.
Dr. Nelson cares deeply about her clients and works to make sure that is felt. She has been told she is calming, empathic, insightful, and trustworthy. She believes strongly in the power of close, nuanced listening coupled with openness, care, and gentle challenges.
- Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology – University of St. Thomas
- M.A. in Counseling and Student Personnel Psychology – University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- B.A. in History and Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies – Gustavus Adolphus College
- Pre-Doctoral Internship, Counseling and Psychological Services – University of St. Thomas Center for Well-Being, St. Paul, MN
- Post-Doctoral Experience – LeaderWise, New Brighton, MN
Dr. Nelson enjoys early morning walks, listening to her dog snore, and searching for the best nachos in the Twin Cities.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One