Approach To Care
Karen Palmer enjoys working with customers of all ages, backgrounds and cultures. Her goal is to help customers gain the knowledge and skills needed to modify their behavior to successfully manage their health conditions. She is very gratified to see customers be successful, knowing that she had a hand in helping them achieve optimal health and a better quality of life.
As a registered dietitian, nutritionist and licensed dietitian, Karen Palmer focuses on the philosophy of realism, where the ability to consume all or most foods is advised with limits on portion sizes and frequency.
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics – University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 1980
- Dietetic Internship – St. Francis Hospital Medical Center, Peoria, IL, 1981
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diabetes Care and Education Practice Group
- Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- American Association of Diabetes Educators Minnesota Network
Karen Palmer and her husband have lived in the Twin Cities since 1983. Together, they have three children and three grandchildren. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family, biking, exercise classes, gardening, reading and cooking.