Stephanie Pituc, PhD, LP
North Memorial Health - Robbinsdale Medical Building
Schedule an Appointment
Approach To Care
Dr. Pituc is a licensed psychologist who compassionately approaches mental health and wellness from a perspective of the whole person. She believes that each person has the capacity for healing, recovery and growth, and that the treatment team’s role is to empower the person to build their own toolkit of coping skills, social support and inner resilience.
Dr. Pituc has special interests in depression, anxiety, life adjustment concerns, developmental trauma, co-occurring disorders (alcohol/chemical use and mental health disorders), career counseling and occupational health, and multicultural issues such as identity development, acculturation, and racial discrimination.
Her practice is grounded in the science of the mind-body connection and evidence-based techniques such as mindfulness-based skills, cognitive-behavioral therapy, group therapy, clinical hypnosis, and culturally-responsive care (including issues of race/ethnicity, LGBTQIA identity, socioeconomic status, and spirituality).
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Master of Education & Master of Arts in Psychological Counseling – Teachers College, Columbia, NY, NY
- PhD in Psychology – University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
- Postdoctoral Residency – Hazelden-Betty Ford Foundation, Center City & St. Paul, MN
- Minnesota Board of Psychology
- Dissertation “Foreigner Objectification, Social Identity Profiles, and Psychological Adjustment in Asian American College Students”, recipient of the Jeffrey S. Tanaka Dissertation Award, sponsored by the APA Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs, 2014
- North Memorial Health Care, Mental Health & Addiction Department’s Gratitude for Greatness Award, 2016
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
Dr. Pituc enjoys spending time with family, outdoor activities (hiking, biking, camping), crafts, photography, writing, exploring restaurants and cooking. Growing up in an immigrant family is also central to her personal and professional identity.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One