Robert Schneidewend, DO, MS
Approach To Care
Dr. Robert Schneidewend believes in providing compassionate, high-quality care to his customers. As part of a holistic healthcare approach, Dr. Schneidewend tailors treatment options to best fit his customer’s goals and lifestyle. He also believes that collaboration is essential to successful cancer treatment, so he serves as a customer advocate who partners with other physicians, nurses, and pharmacists to ensure that his customers are receiving the most comprehensive care possible.
Dr. Schneidewend is trained in all areas of medical oncology, with a special focus in genintourinary cancers (such as prostate, testicular, and kidney), multiple myeloma, leukemia, and lymphoma. Through collaboration with the Blood Center of Wisconsin, Dr. Schneidewend trained with some of the leading hematologists in the country. He has a special interest in treating blood clots with the new oral anticoagulants.
- Medical School – Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine at Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL
- Internal Medicine Residency – Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee WI
- Hematology/Oncology fellowship – Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee WI
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Medical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- Histiocyte Society
Having grown up in Chicago, Dr. Schneidewend has an appreciation for American architecture, and is excited to learn about the history and evolution of the Twin Cities skyline. In his off time, Dr. Schneidewend enjoys cooking, outdoor running and traveling abroad.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One