Approach To Care
Dr. Rena Shah believes that the customer is the forefront and center of all cancer management. Using evidence based medicine and available clinical trials, she works with her customer’s care team and the customer to develop personalized care plans to manage the customers’ condition.
Her experience has shown that while every customer has different goals and beliefs, each of them deserve the best care possible. Dr. Shah’s customers are an integral part of the care team and it’s an honor for her to be part of the customer’s journey through these difficult times.
While she specializes in all areas of hematology and oncology, she has an emphasis in lung/thoracic cancer, lymphoma (Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin), chronic lymphocytic leukemia, multiple myeloma (and other plasma cell disorders) and bleeding/clotting disorders.
- Undergraduate Schoo – Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- Graduate School – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- Medical School – University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, Illinois
- Internal Medicine Residency – Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Hematology and Oncology Fellowship – University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- American Board of Internal Medicine
In her free time, Dr. Shah and her husband spend time with family, traveling, hiking and camping. She also enjoys doing yoga and watching sports – especially football!