Rena Shah, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. Shah has an emphasis in lung/thoracic cancer and benign hematology as abnormal blood counts, including anemia, and coagulation disorders. She does treat other malignancies and blood disorders, including blood cancers (leukemia/lymphoma) and other solid tumor malignancies.
Dr. Shah believes that the customer is the forefront and center of all cancer management. She works with the customer, their support, and care team to develop personalized care plans using evidence-based medicine, personalized medicine with targeted therapy and clinical trials.
Her experience has shown that while every customer has different goals and beliefs, each of them deserve the best care possible. Dr. Shah’s customers are an integral part of the care team and it’s an honor for her to be part of the customer’s journey through these difficult times.
- Undergraduate School – Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- Graduate School – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- Medical School – University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, Illinois
- Internal Medicine Residency – Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Hematology and Oncology Fellowship – University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Medical Oncology
- ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology)
- ASH (American Society of Hematology)
- IASLC (International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer)
Dr. Shah grew up in the Chicagoland area and moved to the Minneapolis after completing her training in Madison, Wisconsin. She enjoys spending her free time with her daughter, husband, and dog, along with practicing yoga and fishing for Muskie on Lake Minnetonka. She also enjoys watching football, especially her Chicago Bears.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One