Approach To Care
Dr. Vitas’s primary goal is to provide the best care possible for his customers. While this typically involves his personal surgical services as primary treatment, after 25 years of working in the Twin Cities community, he has formed an extensive network of colleagues from multiple disciplines that he regularly collaborates with. As a team, they strive to provide the best overall comprehensive services available for their customers.
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Biochemistry – University of Minnesota
- Medical Degree – Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Residency in General Surgery – Mayo Clinic
- American Board of Surgery
- Chief of Staff – North Memorial Health Hospital, 2017
- Vice Chief of Staff – North Memorial Health Hospital, 2016
- Chief of Surgery – North Memorial Health Hospital, 2014-2016
- Past President, Minnesota Surgical Society
- Past Secretary, St. Paul Surgical Society
- Captain and pilot, Minnesota Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, USAF Auxiliary
- Best Doctor from “Minneapolis/St. Paul”, 2016
Dr. Vitas is a military aviation enthusiast, search and rescue pilot with Civil Air Patrol, and bluegrass guitar player. He and his wife have two sons.