Gregory J. Vitas, MD, FACS
Approach To Care
Dr. Vitas’s primary goal is to provide the best care possible for his customers. While this typically involves his personal surgical services as primary treatment, after 25 years of working in the Twin Cities community, he has formed an extensive network of colleagues from multiple disciplines that he regularly collaborates with. As a team, they strive to provide the best overall comprehensive services available for their customers.
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology and Biochemistry – University of Minnesota
- Medical Degree – Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Residency in General Surgery – Mayo Clinic
- American Board of Surgery
- Chief of Staff – North Memorial Health Hospital, 2017
- Vice Chief of Staff – North Memorial Health Hospital, 2016
- Chief of Surgery – North Memorial Health Hospital, 2014-2016
- Past President, Minnesota Surgical Society
- Past Secretary, St. Paul Surgical Society
- Captain and pilot, Minnesota Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, USAF Auxiliary
- Best Doctor from “Minneapolis/St. Paul”, 2016
Dr. Vitas is a military aviation enthusiast, search and rescue pilot with Civil Air Patrol, and bluegrass guitar player. He and his wife have two sons.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One