The Maple Grove Hospital Advantage
- As a Level III NICU, we provide critical care for extremely premature to full-term babies.
- Our neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners are present: Once your baby is born, neonatologists and/or nurse practitioners are at your bedside, answering all the questions you have. Critically ill babies have highly experienced nurses at their bedsides at all times.
- You are asked to be a part of your child’s care every single day. We welcome you to our NICU team rounds each day so that you can be a part of the care plan as it unfolds.
- Through our NICview technology, families have the opportunity to see their baby through a live-stream camera at any time during the day. This technology is great for families to check on their new bundle of joy when they are not able to make it to the hospital.
- Our neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners are available for consult—daily if need be—to talk to families about tests, results, and experiences.
Our team of highly experienced specialists in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is dedicated to the care of our tiniest customers. We include the entire family in the care plan, and include the entire family in as much of the daily caretaking as possible.
Our interdisciplinary approach means that your little one gets a huge team and all its experience: Neonatologists, neonatal nurse practitioners, neonatal nurses, lactation consultants, dietitians, social workers, chaplains, and respiratory, speech, physical, and occupational therapists can all consult, assist, and empower you to make the best choices for your family.
We are able to use the most forward-thinking technology, including brain-wave monitoring, respiratory support, and total body cooling when needed.
We take care of very sick babies needing breathing support to premature babies learning to eat, plus full-term babies needing infection monitoring. We support every baby’s individual medical needs.
Even if your baby may not be able to latch and breastfeed right away, we encourage pumping to help deliver needed antibodies and immunities to your child through breastmilk if breastfeeding is part of your feeding plan.
We also offer breast pumps to mothers who are rooming in, so they may pump bedside to encourage milk production. Our team can feed breastmilk to your baby even if he or she is not ready to breastfeed yet.
Lactation consultants are available for care, as is screened, pasteurized donor breastmilk for mothers who have delayed milk production and prefer it over formula.
Lodging and Accommodations
We make every effort for you to spend as much time with your baby as you can. We offer bay–style units and private rooms as your baby gets closer to discharge. Couches pull out into full beds for you or other family members to stay comfortably.
We have a café and room service for dining, plus a spot where you can store homemade food.
Our visiting policy may be stricter than the rest of the hospital. We do this to minimize spreading germs and to keep NICU babies safe.
Safety and Security
You can rest assured your baby is always safe and secure in our NICU. Nurses monitor your baby’s health, and our NICU is a secure, locked unit.
Conditions & Care Options
Learn more about your condition and how it may be treated at Maple Grove Hospital.
List of Services
Brain Wave Monitoring (aEEG)
Child Life Specialists
Continuous Hemodynamic Monitoring
Total Body Cooling
Partnership Practices Performing at Maple Grove Hospital
Minnesota Neonatal Physicians provide state-of-the-art diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care for premature and medically fragile neonates.