The North Memorial Health Hospital Advantage
- The North Memorial Health Hospital in Robbinsdale has provided 30-plus years of Level III NICU care to the Twin Cities. Our dedicated nurses have an enormous amount of experience: Just three nurses during one shift have more than 100 years of combined NICU experience.
- We take care of babies at any age/gestation, typically 23 weeks and up. We are equipped for the highest-tech care for the teeniest of preemies, and we sometimes partner with our local Children’s Hospitals for some types of specialty care.
- Our NICU provides full-spectrum respiratory support along with other support options.
- We have a neonatal nurse practitioner on site 24 hours a day.
- We can take transfer customers from surrounding hospitals, thanks to our leading expertise.
- We participate in the Beads of Courage program, which is a worldwide arts-in-medicine program designed to help people commemorate health milestones or tell their stories.
We fully believe in providing all the information you need to make the best choices for your newest family member. Our care team is available at your baby’s bedside to answer your questions—some of them available 24/7—and help you through your time in the NICU. They are available daily, if need be, to consult with you about tests, results, and any questions that may arise.
We encourage families to participate in our daily rounds, and to take part in your baby’s care with the nurse there to help you. And if your baby is close to discharge or learning to eat, and you’ve already been discharged, we offer overnight rooms for you to stay close by.
NICU Family Support
We offer a child-life specialist to work with families experiencing loss or dealing with critically ill NICU babies. Child-life specialists help facilitate discussions for siblings and connect your family to needed resources. Our social workers can also help guide you through financial and community resources if needed.
We take our Baby Friendly designation seriously and work hard to incorporate those principles into our NICU, too.
We offer screened, pasteurized donor breastmilk supplementation for newborns and NICU babies from our on-site milk bank.
We provide education for moms in their early stages of lactation from our highly trained nurses and lactation consultants. Even if your baby is not eating, we try to get babies the antibodies and protection mechanisms from your milk that are critical to boosting baby’s emerging immune system. We offer a private room and breast pumps for mothers, and staff that can help with a wide variety of lactation and feeding issues.
Meals and Parking
We do everything we can to remove the barriers that may stand in the way of you fully supporting your child during your NICU stay. We offer one meal voucher per day while your baby stays in the NICU, and a parking voucher for parents.
Safety and Security
Rest assured your baby is safe and secure in our NICU. Nurses monitor your baby’s health and the NICU is a locked and secure unit with an added electronic infant-security system.
Conditions & Care Options
Learn more about your condition and how it may be treated at North Memorial Health.
List of Services
Partnership Practices Performing at North Memorial Health Hospital
Minnesota Neonatal Physicians provide state-of-the-art diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care for premature and medically fragile neonates.