Approach To Care
Dr. Khan is the director of endocrinology and diabetes and has extensive experience treating disorders of the endocrine system including type 1 and 2 diabetes, pituitary and adrenal disorders, osteoporosis, thyroid issues, metabolic bone disease and more.
Dr. Khan actively involves her customers in their care plan and treatment options, clearly explaining the potential benefits and side effects with each alternative. She uses a team approach to diabetes management, working closely with dietitians and diabetes educators.
- Undergraduate Degree – St. Joseph’s College, Karachi, Pakistan
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery – Sind Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan
- Primary Care/Internal Medicine Residency – University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT
- Internal Medicine Residency – Columbia University and St Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital
- Internal Medicine Residency – Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Center, Karachi, Pakistan
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes Fellowship – Cornell University Medical College, The New York Hospital, Cornell Medical Center
- Memorial Fellowship – Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Minnesota Monthly’s Top Doctor Award Winner, 2019
In her free time, Dr. Khan spends time with her two grown children and husband. She enjoys reading and has special interest in comparative religion, theology, literature and medieval warfare. She also volunteers with the American Diabetes Association.