Perpetua Adanna Okechukwu, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. Okechukwu’s approach to patient care has a huge emphasis in preventative medicine and providing wholesome care while considering all the determinants of health. Patient’s respect, education and understanding are also of paramount importance as those determine the success of her belief in the concept of shared decision-making during patient care.
Dr. Okechukwu’s experiences and trainings have also evoked her interest in meticulously addressing each case, bearing in mind different cultural sensitivities in medicine. She is interested in acute and chronic diseases management, preventive medicine as well as clinical trials/research. Dr. Okechukwu is interested in serving diverse patient populations, which affords her various patient experiences.
- BSc in Parasitology and Entomology at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Nigeria, 2011
- MPH from St. George’s University School of Public Health Grenada, 2015
- MD from St. George’s University School of Medicine Grenada, 2017
- Family Medicine Residency at Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis, MN, 2023
- American Board of Family Medicine, 2023
- Family oriented – I love spending time with my kids, parents and siblings even if it means traveling over 24 hours to Nigeria for only a week.
- Traveling and exploring new cities, cultures, foods and most importantly trying to figure out how the creative architectural structures were built.
- TV fanatic – I watch all kinds of TV, ranging from military action movies, news (very less these days), reality TV, real estate shows, business-oriented channels like Shark Tank, Undercover boss or all things CNBC business shows.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One