Approach To Care
Dr. Cornelius provides comprehensive and compassionate care for all sleep and neurologic disorders. He strives to maintain lasting relationships with his customers by emphasizing that their needs always come first. Dr. Cornelius also strongly values collaborative partnerships with referring providers in order to promote optimal health care.
Dr. Cornelius currently serves as Medical Director for the North Memorial Health Sleep Medicine program with locations in Maple Grove and Minnetonka and is actively practicing with the Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology. He remains involved in medical education and enjoys participating in clinical research. Special areas of interest include use of Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation for management of obstructive sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome narcolepsy and parasomnias.
- Bachelor’s Degree – The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Medical Degree – University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Neurology Residency – Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Sleep Medicine Fellowship
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- American Board of Sleep Medicine
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology
- Medical Director of Sleep Medicine
- Chief of Neurology for North Memorial Health
- Directs the North Memorial Health program for Inspire Upper Airway Stimulation for sleep apnea management
- Excellence in Internship – Best Preliminary Intern, Department of Internal Medicine – Mayo Clinic
- Chief Resident Award, Department of Neurology – Mayo Clinic
- National Top 10 Clinical Research Achievement Award from “Clinical Research Forum”
- Best Doctors in Neurology/Sleep Medicine in “Minnesota Monthly”, 2015-present
- Top Doctors – Rising Stars, Neurology/Sleep Medicine in “Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine”, 2015-present
When he is not at work, Dr. Cornelius enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters.