Approach To Care
Dr. Matushin is a board-certified family physician with special interests in women’s health including long-acting contraception and family planning, newborn and pediatric care, adolescent health, LGBTQ+ primary care, health education, nutrition, and preventive medicine. She believes that everyone should be able to have open and honest conversations with their doctor and focuses on providing comprehensive care for all people regardless of age, background, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Dr. Matushin also is board-certified in Clinical Informatics and works to optimize technology to promote healthy lifestyles and improve the healthcare experience. She is a strong proponent of vaccines, evidence-based medicine, and public health strategies to decrease disparities in healthcare and prevent disease.
- Bachelor’s Degree – University of Minnesota
- Medical Degree – University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine
- Family Medicine Residency – University of Minnesota Broadway Family Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Board for Preventative Medicine – Clinical Informatics
- Mpls.St. Paul Magazine Top Doctor: Rising Star, 2020, 2021
Originally from South Dakota, Dr. Matushin has lived in Minnesota for more than 15 years. She enjoys reading, trying new plant-based recipes, playing video and tabletop games, crocheting, swimming, and expanding her ever-growing collection of houseplants. Describing herself as a “total nerd,” she is constantly learning and trying new things. Dr. Matushin spends most of her time outside of work with her family, including her golden retriever, Appa.