Approach To Care
Dr. Mertz specializes in neuropsychology and is passionate about making a connection with customers he sees for assessment, as he knows everyone is more than the test results yielded during the evaluation. Cognitive testing can be anxiety producing and he tries to do his best to create an inviting and comfortable atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Western Michigan University
- Master’s Degree – Western Michigan University
- Doctorate – James Madison University
- American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology
- Nominee for Distinguished Alumni Award – Western Michigan University, 1998
- George Hilliard Award for Outstanding Counselor – Western Michigan University, 1996
- Psychology Graduate Student Award for Outstanding Teaching – James Madison University, 2003
Dr. Mertz enjoys spending time with family, traveling and cheering on the Michigan State Spartans.