Approach To Care
Dr. Mertz specializes in neuropsychology and is passionate about making a connection with patients he sees for assessment, as he knows everyone is more than the test results yielded during the evaluation. Cognitive testing can be anxiety producing and he tries to do his best to create an inviting and comfortable atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Western Michigan University
- Master’s Degree – Western Michigan University
- Doctorate – James Madison University
- Nominee for Distinguished Alumni Award – Western Michigan University, 1998
- George Hilliard Award for Outstanding Counselor – Western Michigan University, 1996
- Psychology Graduate Student Award for Outstanding Teaching – James Madison University, 2003
Dr. Mertz enjoys spending time with family, traveling and cheering on the Michigan State Spartans.
All North Memorial Health providers accept the following insurance carriers. Because health insurance plan payments vary and benefit levels are unique to each plan, you may confirm out of pocket cost with your insurance carrier by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One