Approach To Care
Dr. Stanhope specializes in providing care on the labor and delivery unit. By being continually present, he and his partners are able to rapidly respond to any concerns that might arise during a woman’s labor at any time of day. His clinical interests include vaginal birth after Cesarean, medical complications of pregnancy, emergency OB/GYN care and contraception. Above all, he most enjoys working with the customer and her family to achieve a safe delivery consistent with her preferences.
Dr. Stanhope has a diverse background in maternity care, having worked at six hospitals in four states. Prior to starting full time at North Memorial, he was a laborist at a busy labor and delivery unit in St. Louis, MO. He has done two missions with Doctors Without Borders in South Sudan and has also worked in Nicaragua, Ecuador and Kenya. He also speaks fluent Spanish.
- Medical Degree – University of Iowa
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency – Mayo Clinic
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Mpls.St. Paul Magazine Top Doctor: Rising Star, 2021
- Minnesota Monthly’s Top Doctor Award Winner, 2019, 2020
- North Memorial OB/GYN Department Chief, 2017-2019
Dr. Stanhope enjoys hiking, water sports, playing piano and spending time with family.