Approach To Care
Dr. Zelent’s approach to care can best be summarized by saying the more an individual knows about any particular condition, the better equipped they are in helping to resolve it. He takes the time to teach each customer about whatever condition he or she is facing and firmly believes that if a person is able to understand why a problem has occurred, then they will understand how to resolve it as well.
Dr. Zelent enjoys teaching and is actively on staff with two residency programs in the community as well as being an adjunct professor at the University of Minnesota.
- Medical Degree – University of Illinois Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, Rosalind Franklin University
- Residency in Foot and Ankle Surgery – Mercy Hospital, Coon Rapids, MN
- American Board of Podiatric Medicine
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Chief Resident of foot and ankle surgery- Mercy Hospital, Coon Rapids, MN
- Adjunct professor with the University of Minnesota (current)
- Has been published several times in peer reviewed scientific journals and continues to serve as a manuscript reviewer for two surgical journals pertaining to the field of foot and ankle surgery
In his spare time, Dr. Zelent enjoys spending time with his family, cooking and baking, and serves as a “test cook,” reviewing recipes and offering feedback for two different well known publications. He fluently speaks Polish and actively serves on the board of directors for a local nonprofit organization called POLESOM, which focuses on teaching Polish language, arts and customs to the children of Minneapolis and St. Paul.