Joseph Van Camp, MD
Approach To Care
Dr. Joseph Van Camp approaches customers as individuals and tries to listen to their concerns and how a disease affects their lives. He makes recommendations for a care plan and then together decides on the best way to proceed for each individual. He believes both the customer and the provider need to feel they have made the right choices regardless of the outcome.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology – St. Louis University, 1985
- Medical Degree – Indiana School of Medicine, 1989
- General Surgery Residency – University of Michigan, 1989-1995
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- Minnesota Monthly’s Top Doctor Award Winner, 2019, 2020
- Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine’s Top Doctor Award Winner, 2019
- Director Cardiac Surgery – North Memorial Medical Center, 2011- Present
- Chief Cardiac Surgery – Hennepin County Medical Center, 1997-2014
- Clinical Assistant Professor – University of Minnesota Medical School, 1997-2014
- President Minnesota STS, 2005
- President of Minnesota Surgical Society, 2004
Dr. Van Camp enjoys biking, hiking and camping in the Minnesota park system, and spending time with family.
All North Memorial Health providers, with the exception of senior clinic providers, accept the following insurance carriers. Don’t see your carrier or have insurance questions? Contact us at 763-581-CARE.
- Blue Cross
- Medical Assistance
- Preferred One