Junior Volunteer Scholarships
By volunteering their time and talents, our junior volunteers show their passion for providing excellent care to our community members. It is our privilege to honor those junior volunteers who have helped our customers, guests, and team members in such meaningful ways. North Memorial Health Foundation is proud to offer the Junior Volunteer Scholarship and Gayle Stegeman Memorial Scholarship to our volunteers.
Gayle Stegeman Memorial Scholarship
The Gayle Stegeman Memorial Scholarship, the junior volunteer scholarship program at Maple Grove Hospital, was created in 2018 to honor the memory of our beloved gift shop manager, Gayle.
Gayle was an inspiration to many throughout the hospital, both customers and team members.
North Memorial Health Hospital Junior Volunteer Scholarship
The scholarship program at North Memorial Health Hospital was originally founded with a gift from the Hospital Auxiliary to support young adult volunteers.
Though the Auxiliary is no longer active today, the legacy of their generosity lives on through the accomplishment of these exceptional volunteers.
About the Scholarships
2023 Application Period:
- Application opens: April 10, 2023
- Application closes: May 19, 2023
- Applicants notified of their status: June 15, 2023
The next application period will open Spring 2024.
- Be an active student volunteer within the last two months
- Be a senior in high school
- Have applied to a post-high school education program or institution, including business, trade, vocational, or college
- Have 100 service hours total, with 50 of those hours completed in previous year
- Preference will be given to applicants who are studying for a career related to healthcare
- Answer three short essay questions
- Submit school records indicating current GPA
- Recommendation from a teacher
- Recommendation from a non-relative, non-academic reference
- Evaluation from your Volunteer Coordinator
Honoring our Junior Volunteers who work so hard to help our customers, guests, and team members in meaningful ways, scholarships of up to $1000 will be awarded to as many outstanding applicants as funds allow.
The Junior Volunteer Scholarship Program is made possible by generous donors to the North Memorial Health Foundation.
Support the Junior Volunteer and Gayle Stegeman Scholarships
When you donate to the North Memorial Health Foundation and Maple Grove Hospital Fund, you create a stronger healthcare system and a more vibrant community resource. Your entire gift supports improving the lives of everyone who walks through our doors.
On our Donation page, select Junior Volunteer Scholarships as your designation to support North Memorial Health Hospital scholarships. To support Maple Grove Hospital scholarships, select Maple Grove Hospital Fund – Gayle Stegeman Memorial Scholarship.